Last Revision Date: 4/24/19
WHAT WE COLLECT (OR RECEIVE), USE AND DISCLOSE
We process Personal information, defined as any combination of information in our possession that can be used to identify, contact, or locate a discrete individual. This includes expression of an opinion about an individual.
REASONS WHY WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect (or receive), and use Personal Information:
- To provide you with the Service, its content, and functionality; as well as any other information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To coordinate communication between you and other users of our Service;
- For us to establish and maintain communications with you including, but not limited to, giving notice about your account or Service update releases or changes;
- To allow companies affiliated with us to notify you of certain opportunities, products, or services they offer;
- To meet legal, security, processing and regulatory requirements;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights regarding contracts we’ve entered into with you;
- To protect against fraud, suspicious or other illegal activities; and
- To compile research and analysis of our services’ functionality and usability.
In addition, use of your Personal Information allows us to improve the Service we provide and deliver a more personalized experience by allowing us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to tailor our Service according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Connect you to relevant content and related users.
- Recognize you when you use the Service.
We will collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means. We will normally retain Personal Information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the identified purposes. However, some Personal Information may be retained for longer periods as required by law, contract, or business auditing or retention requirements.
INFORMATION WE MAY DISCLOSE
- Information which has been de-identified or aggregated so as not be able to identify a discernible individual may be disclosed without restriction.
- Personal information we collect or that you provide us with may be disclosed:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (your consent). For example, if you give us an email address to use the “contact” feature of our Website or Service, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from the terms of service entered into between you and us.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of identity theft prevention, fraud protection, and financial risk reduction.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information in two ways, either 1) voluntarily; or 2) automatically, through the use of the Site.
- Information You Provide to Us. When you register with, or use our Service, we may ask you to provide a) information by which you may personally be identified, such as: name, postal address, email address, telephone number, employer, or similar information that is defined as personal or “personally identifiable” under applicable law (“personal information”); and b) information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as: business contact information, employer information not directly related to you, or similar information needed for your use of the Service. This includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Service, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information related to other users of the Service, and when you report a problem with the Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and telephone numbers), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions or communications you carry out through the Service and of the fulfillment of those transactions or communications.
- Information Automatically Collected. Various types of information may also be collected automatically solely as a means for us to deliver and market our Service. This is accomplished through the use of tools while you’re navigating the Site.
- Types of Information
- Usage Details. Details of your access to and use of the Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Service.
- Device Information. Your internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Stored Information and Files. Metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. Real-time information about the location of your device. When you have location services turned on for your device, the Service will use such services to determine your physical location and provide services and content relevant to that location.
- Web server logs. When you visit https://vetty.co/, we collect certain technical information from your web browser including your Intellectual Property (IP) address, browser user agent, and the webpage you were visiting prior to accessing the requested webpage.
- Cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies. Cookies are small text files downloaded and stored on your computer when you visit our web site. Web beacons are used to track user online actions and activity. We use these technologies to analyze trends, administer our Site, track user movements and compile user base demographics.
- Third party cookies or similar technologies. Third party partners we engage may place cookies or similar technology on our Site to collect non-personal information about user activities for the express purpose of providing you advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
- Do Not Track Standard: The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, Seyfarth Shaw’s sites are not compatible with DNT and so do not recognize DNT settings.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 requires any operator of a website to permit its California-resident customers to request and obtain from the operator a list of what personal information the operator disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, for the preceding calendar year, and the addresses and names of such third parties. To make such a request, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented commercially reasonable administrative, procedural, and technical measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Measures will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, amount, distribution and storage of the Personal Information. However, due to the nature of the Internet and related technology, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of Personal Information, and we expressly disclaim any such obligation.
ACCURACY, ACCOUNTABILITY, OPENNESS AND CUSTOMER ACCESS
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at [EMAIL ADDRESS] to request access to, correction of, or deletion of any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.